For LG Ally owners, this is the instructions on how to Root an Android 2.2.1 FroYo OS device. This tutorial only works on Windows XP or Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit) operating systems. Download all files indicated in red, and double check that all folders and files are in place. -Make sure to read the entire guide before starting Step 1! Here we go! LG Phone Problem and Solution
How to Root LG Ally Android 2.2.1 FroYo Device Steps: LG-Ally info
1. DOWNLOAD Froyo.zip
2. EXTRACT Froyo.zip to C:\
2. RUN C:\Froyo\Drivers.bat
3. Connect your USB cable to your Ally and enable USB Debugging (Settings>Applications>Enable USB Debugging)
4. Run C:\Froyo\LGVS740\KP500-Utils-En.exe in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 and as an Administrator. (Only if you are not running Windows XP)
5. Choose option J
6. When prompted for phone model number, type "VS740" and then press enter
7. When prompted for the cab file, type "VS740ZV6_01.cab" and then press enter (you do not need to specify the location of the cab file)
8. When prompted for the version, type "VS740ZV6_01" and then press enter.
9. It should now load the familiar LG Manual Updater screen with a log window below and start reading information from your phone. It will proceed to flash your device.
If your firewall warns you about trying to access the internet, allow it.
Your phone will now load a screen that displays the LG and Verizon Wireless logos and says: DOWNLOADING! DO NOT UNPLUG!
At this point, it is now flashing the update to your phone. This normally takes around 20 minutes to complete. Once complete, your phone will automatically reboot.
10. RUN C:\Froyo\ADB.bat
DEVICE MANAGER WILL OPEN AUTOMATICALLY
11. Expand "ADB Bootloader Device" (Might be listed as "Android!" Under Other Devices)
12. Right click and choose "Update Driver or Install Driver"
13. Select "I will choose driver to install"
14. Navigate to where the Android USB drivers are (eg: C:\android-sdk-windows\google-usb_driver) (If file or directory doesn’t exist see Step 2).
15. Choose "android_winusb.inf" and accept that this is an unsigned driver it should notify you that the driver was successfully updated.
-It also may state that it can’t find suitable driver, if it does simply state you will look yourself and choose "Single ADB Boote Loader" or the like.
16. We handle the rest!
Congratulations! You have now successfully updated to Froyo 2.2.1 with a custom recovery and root access! Aren’t you proud of yourself?
We know the two Android devices, LG Ally and LG Shine Plus are very similar, not only the specs but also the appearance. Do you know the Physical difference between the two. Here we talk about the two devices. LG-Shine info
The LG Shine Plus is faster than the LG Ally. Which is unfair since I have the LG Ally, but got to live with it. The LG Shine Plus has 512MB RAM vs 180MB in the LG Ally, right, this is very important. Besides, the LG Shine Plus has better camera too, but the same amount of internal storage, it does support 32GB SD Cards vs the 16GB max on the Ally. After reading this post, I guess LG Ally users must be very disappointed with your LG Ally. LG-Ally info
LG Ally Phone Photos - LG Cell Phone Pictures
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET: I WONT EXPLAIN THE STEPS IN NOOB FORM BUT ITS PRETTY EASY JUST READ. LG-Ally info
Now what you need:
How to put theme on LG Ally:
MetaMorph should create a folder "Android Themes" on your sd card automatically, connect to USB, mount SD Card, go to Android Theme’s folder, drop the theme there, unmount, fire up MetaMorph and extract the theme, than to go "Pick Existing Theme", and just follow the rest, will take about 5-10min to theme your LG Ally. LG Android Phones