It’s been a long time coming, but AT&T owners of the LG Phoenix should finally be starting to see the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update. The LG Phoenix is one of the Android smartphones offered by AT&T, and it launched many months ago running Android 2.2 Froyo unfortunately. But LG Phoenix owners are about to get their first taste of Gingerbread. LG Android Phones
The Gingerbread update is not as easy as an OTA (over-the-air) update, but it’s reported to be available currently via LG’s software update tool right now. Follow the instructions below for a step-by-step guide on getting Gingerbread officially on your AT&T LG Phoenix. LG Cell Phone Software
- Fully charge the battery.
- Save any important data before updating the software on your device; i.e. contacts, images, etc.
- Remove the micro SD memory card.
- Close all open applications on your computer before proceeding with the update.
- Ensure device "Mass storage only" mode is not selected. Application -> Settings -> SD card & phone storage.
Note: LG Cell Phone News
- Calling and messaging functions are not available during the update process.
- The entire upgrade process takes 30 minutes depending on internet connection and pc configuration.
- The handset is automatically reset during this process.
How to update AT&T LG Phoenix to Android 2.3 Gingerbread steps:
- Download and install the USB driver, then restart your PC.
- Download and install the LG Mobile Support Tool
- Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable included with your device.
- Click ‘Start Updating’ within the LG Mobile Support tool to begin.
- When upgrade is complete, turn on your phone and complete phone setup.
AT&T LG Phoenix Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts