It has taken a very long time for Froyo to finally reach the LG Ally Android device, which has been on a roller coaster of sorts this summer from going out of stock thanks to high demand and the AMOLED shortage, to finally being available again. After months of rumors about when the much-awaited (highly needed?) upgrade would drop, it’s nice that this story can finally be put to rest. LG Cell Phone Software
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update, LG VS740ZVD, for your LG Ally(TM). This update includes numerous enhancements and improvements, including an update to Android 2.2 OS (Froyo).
Enjoy improved performance with these OS enhancements.
- Improved security options include remote device wipe, device lock, password complexity, and a minimum password length.
- Long press of physical home key allows easy switching between the last eight applications used.
- Bluetooth(R) voice dialing displays your verbal instructions and repeats them back to ensure accuracy.
- Enhanced browser performance for faster loading of Java Script pages.
- Enhanced screen rotation (270 degrees) for app compatibility (e.g. browser, messaging, maps and more).
- Updated contact directory, which combines corporate and Google accounts.
- Access the latest Amazon, Amazon MP3, Facebook(R), and Thinkfree Office applications.
- Instant data re-connection after a long voice call.
- LG Social Application (previously Socialite).
Further information about the LG Ally update can be found through Verizon.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts